Friday, March 2, 2007

The Long Awaited.....

BRAVEHEART

Finally, I put my foot down in more than one way, and Gayle and I watched it last weekend.....

Epic movies.....they have a following like no other....the gore, the love, the drama, and the battle of good and evil. Braveheart fits right in there with the rest of them.

Freedom. Us americans are drawn to it......its in our blood! That might be one of the reasons this movie grabs us and throws us right into the middle of it. The passion that Mel Gibson gives to William Wallace is convincing, and his screen presence is amazing. Its almost like he isn't pretending.

Braveheart doesn't take the route of the normal rise up against the bad guys and we win and that's it.......there is so much at stake, so many ambiguous circumstances that you don't know what's coming around another corner in this epic tale.

I didn't look at my watch until about 2 hours and 19 minutes into it, I was highly entertained....enthralled, if you will......all in all, great movie.

Rating: 4 stars
Expectations: I expected it to be more emotional, but I assumed it was a great movie and was right....

Happy watching ya'll!

No comments: