Monday, November 19, 2007

Dan in Real Life

So, you know one of those movies that you aren't dying to see at all but there are so few interesting choices at the movie theater that you go just because somebody asks you? Yeah......that's what Dan in Real Life was for me.

But sometimes its best that way! Its never a bad thing when a movie exceeds your expectations, the other way around has happened too much for me to want to remember.

For the first time in a while, I wanted to go back to Rhode Island. That's the first thing.......the setting was quaint and matched the flow of the movie perfectly.

Being a Steve Carell fan on the Office, I decided to give him a chance in this movie. He came through with his strong sense of awkwardness, just in the right places. But it wasn't over the top like on the Office. It was just a perfect amount of awkwardness to make it real, and to have the audience really feel for him. I cried.....but well, that's not a big feat.

It was full of some HILARIOUS moments as well as some really touching moments.

It might be too real for some people to be a good movie, but it was a great way to spend my friday night.

Rating: 2.5
Expectations: they were low and they were exceeded.

Happy watching ya'll!

:)

1 comment:

Cliff said...

One of my *favorite* films - and the soundtrack is superb as well. I see you don't update this as much as the other :). But...I think we've commented before...via SCL...